Do you love Shabby Chic décor and looking for top trending Shabby Chic decor ideas? Recently I found myself wanting to change the wall decor that I had in my bedroom. I really am a great fan of ‘Shabby Chic’ and so did a little research to find out exactly what was popular today.
From the results of my research I found that there really is a wonderful range of ideas and products in the marketplace that really encompass everything that this style can bring to any home, room or even garden.
Framed pictures in pastel colours of birds and flowers (roses are perfect for this).
Heavily framed mirrors in silver or painted in a ‘distressed style’ again in pastel hues.
Ornate clocks embellished in the shabby chic style.
Painted distressed shelves in the Shabby Chic colour palette
I noticed too that angel wings are very popular and really look beautiful, these then can be emphasised with the careful placing of cherubs which do add a rather lovely romantic ‘feel’ to a bedroom and bathroom.
Wallpaper should be in delicate stripes, polka dots and lace effect panels.
Lighting should be sconces, chandeliers and wall lights.
Pastel pinks, greens, yellows, white, greys, beige, ivory, blues (teal is my favourite)
The best 6 secrets to having the ultimate ‘Shabby Chic ‘style:
• It has to have a very ‘clean romantic soft’ look. In other words – faded elegance.
• Pastel colours of white, green, cream, pink, yellow, and blue are the range of hues to use.
• Victorian lace, especially Nottingham lace, really is a ‘must’. Lots of it on accessories and accents.
• Use soft coloured flowers, roses of courses are number one on the list.
• Furniture and accents, especially chairs, tables, shelves etc. must have a worn or distressed look.
• Fabrics with stripes and flowers are especially suitable for curtains, throws and bedding.
Just think of a lovely summer’s day in a country cottage with the windows and doors open with a gently breeze blowing through and the smell of roses, cut grass and birdsong and you will nail the look and its ambiance… This is very useful if you are looking for rustic shabby chic home decor.